I can't sleep. I keep thinking of the harrowing experience earlier this evening and I get the giggles.
Sister Diamond came knocking on our door tonight wanting to borrow our bug spray. Not a good sign! When I asked what for, she reported there was a HUGE spider in their bedroom. Silly me, I followed her, wanting to see the beastie. We found Sister Cabato huddled in a corner keeping an eye on the critter.
Brave Sister Diamond, bug spray in hand, went in for the kill. But the spider wasn't going to go down easily! As soon as she sprayed it, it took off running. I don't know which it was running from, the bug spray or the trio of screams. Ok, ok, maybe it was a solo scream. My screams, to be exact! All I know is that spider wasn't going to give up without a fight. Sister Diamond hung in there and just kept chasing and spraying, yelling, "It won't die!" I hopped on a bed thinking, "Every man for himself! Save yourselves!" But I kept screaming, "Keep on spraying!" The spider finally rolled on its back with feet straight up in the air. We all went into hysterics as we watched the spider give a few dramatic kicks of its legs, and then give up the ghost. So disgusting! We couldn't stop laughing and wiping tears from our eyes.
I wish I had taken a picture of the creature. It was like some kind of tarantula from Hades, only worse! I didn't set a very good example for the sisters by saying over and over, "I want to go home, I want to go home, I want to go home!"


Silly Mom... don't you know that bug spray doesn't work on spiders? Try a nice, big combat boot.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sorry to report, but your home also has spiders in it. :(
Sick. I was always the spider catcher at college. Since I don't like squishing them and hearing/feeling that "pop" that the big ones make, I had a little box with a lid on it that I'd use to catch them and then flush them down the toilet. This method worked pretty well until one spider hid up inside the lid and rather than going down nicely, it crawled up my arm. I nearly dropped the whole box into the toilet. I had to rethink my method after that.
ReplyDeleteSo, I got to thinking - where was big, strong, brave "Elder" through all of this?
ReplyDeleteWait to go Sister Diamond! Who knew that she had it in her? After her mission, maybe she won't complain so much about the little teeny spiders in our home. They're going to seem pretty wimpy after all! Thanks for sharing this story. We laughed and laughed!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI KNOW! He was calmly working on the computer. I don't know if he heard our screams or not. Probably did, that's why he stayed away. I did go get him to do away with the dead spider emains. He won't tell me where he disposed of it. However, he was willing to take on the lizard that is living in the sisters' front room, but Sister Cabato wouldn't hear of it. Filipinos are used to cohabitating with lizards. They say lizards are good to have around. They kill the bugs. My point is, you don't need a lizard if you don't have bugs to begin with!
ReplyDeleteYour spider story gives me the willies! Gross, Stephanie!
I saw a different side of Sister Diamond. She was so brave and calm. I will go get her next time I need an exterminator! She's the bast!
ReplyDelete