Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday's Travel

I'm assuming our Sunday experiences are getting pretty boring to read about, since it is a variation on the same theme. But I continue to document our Sunday activities for selfish reasons.

Yesterday we followed the same routine as usual: we traveled to the Cabugao Branch we attended last week to drop off their completed member records.  We then drove to a new branch, Santa Domingo, and attended sacrament meeting. After sacrament meeting we had a private photo opp:

3 new convert sisters (No really, they are sisters)  and Sister Carmelita (Counselor in District Primary Presidency)

I always label the pictures the same: "So adorable"...but what else describes them?
I am such an "Amazon Lady" compared with these petite cuties.
 
So while we were having our photo session, Elder met with the branch council and helped them work on updating their member records.  While Elder conducted this meeting, I had my own mini-Primary meeting of three. Cute kids, as usual!

Booklets, crayons, and PayDays for everyone.
Just some interesting scenery along the way:

This is jack fruit....

Growing on Church property.

Who gets to harvest and eat it?
The trees here are so unique and beautiful. I will continue to collect pictures of them.

Mango tree

Mango trees are very numerous... and hazardous! A falling mango can cause dents in cars and in skulls. We speak from experience! (When they land on the car, it sounds like a bomb has gone off! Pretty scary!)

We have been driving past these cute garlic stands for the last few Sundays.  But we have either had no time to stop for a picture, or it's been dark when we passed by.  I finally got my picture. 



When the two ladies noticed I was taking pictures, they had to get into the act:

I guess everyone likes having their pictures taken.


Sorry for the hodge-podge post.  But at least it's a post!

1 comment:

  1. I love how organized those garlic huts are. That's a LOT of garlic, too.

    ReplyDelete