Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Elder Eddington Baptizes!

Elder received a phone call the other week from the elders who were teaching Pauncho's wife.  They informed him that Sammy was requesting that he baptize her.  What an honor for Elder Eddington!  Pauncho has been a member for a year and now his wife Sammy has followed suit.



Speaking of "suits", Elder is definitely not the right size for this baptism suit.  Nice ankles, though!

Elder has been quite close with Pauncho in that he has given him some good ideas to help him improve his small businesses. He has also done some analyzing to help Pauncho with his profits.

These pictures were taken last fall sometime. It shows Pauncho's newly-opened eatery. (I thought for sure I had posted these pictures on the blog, but I can't find them.  Sorry if I have already posted these.)








After the baptism program was over, we helped celebrate by serving Elder's homemade cookies and soda to the members. 

Sammy's baptism was a very memorable event!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my - that's a very humble "eatery." The food must be really good to get past the atmosphere. Another reminder of how spoiled we are here. I love Dad's ankles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good heavens. Where to start, where to start.

    How wonderful that Dad got a chance to baptize a new member. That's really neat and touching.

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks just like the places we used to seek out for encebollado and ceviche. Those were some tasty treats that I miss. I haven't had anything in the states close to what those fine cane shack eateries provided while I was in Ecuador.
    That's really cool that you've been able to help the family and be there for them. An honor that they would ask you to perform the ordinance. What a great experience.

    ReplyDelete