| Visitors' Center and reflective pond |
If you look carefully, you can see the Christus and the model of the Temple through the window.
Inside the Visitors' Center.
The picture below was taken out the Visitors' Center window towards the Temple. Notice the reflection of the Christus (which was behind me) in the window. Aren't I just the most clever photographer ever?
The following pictures are just a few of the trees different wards and stakes have decorated.
The following is the section your dad and I decorated. Is that my imagination, or is there a dark spot where I refused to put lights close to that beastly spider and web? (See blog post: "Putting Up The Lights".)
Below, the same section, but farther away with a lighted tree in the foreground.
A cute couple watched me hover over my favorite spot taking pictures. They offered to take my picture.
What a good way to cover up the dark spider home! (Please excuse the horrible white-nylon fashion statement! I'm too lazy to wear anything but white nylons when going to the temple.)
A clever way to cover up that shepherd's bum elbow, don't you think? (See blog post: "Putting Up The Lights".)
The Temple looked so ethereal this night of misting rain and fog. But this Grand Old Lady looks gorgeous no matter what. (She's 41 years old.)
So sad. It will all start coming down this next week. And even sadder, we missionaries will be part of the take down on a cold, below-freezing Monday morning. Pray for us!
Hooorah, I have been hoping for a post of the lights. They are awesome, only wish we were there to see them in person. Loved it! The visitors center looks so nice and warm, it's freezing here too...maybe we'll take our lights down on Monday just to have empathy for you. Like the window reflection shot...Happy New Year! Traci
ReplyDeleteI dare say that the Washington D.C. temple lights rival Salt Lake's. You've had much warmer weather for it, too.
ReplyDeleteWill you call me a Grand Old Lady? I'm older than the temple... I'm 45!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks beautiful! I always miss Christmas lights come January 2 when it's all turned off.
Will you post about Williamsburg next? I'd love to see those pictures.
Laurel, I wondered if you would pick up on the "Grand Old Lady" thing. And you didn't disappoint! You are the best Grand Old Lady....and are getting grander by the year!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
I'll see what Williamsburg pictures I can scrounge up. We didn't take very many.
Beautiful pictures! I want to see in person! I guess you just can't get away from the Christmas takedown chore.
ReplyDelete