Thursday, January 14, 2016

After-Christmas Apartment Decor

Our "subject pool" is getting pretty empty.  Sorry!  If we were to talk more extensively about the Temple, blog posts would really be flowing.  But here's all I've got for the moment:

Pictured below:
The find for the month of October!  A lovely floral arrangement from Goodwill.  It is perfect!  And it only cost $4.00!  Well, $3.60 after the senior discount.

I found the two rugs positioned under the table that are pretending to be one, in the  freebie pile in the laundry room.  Freebies keep popping up everywhere!

Do you recognize the table runner?  Talk about multi-functional.  It started out as a garish pillow sham, morphed into becoming a Christmas tree skirt, and is now a "lovely" table runner.



Pictured below:
The lamp is also from the laundry freebie pile!  I was a happy camper the day I found the rugs AND the lamp all at the same time.

Gary won the jar of candy at the Senior-Style New Year's Eve party held in our apartment building.  (The whole thing was over by 8pm.) He guessed the exact number of chocolate kisses: 127.  I bet he can't guess how many kisses are in the jar now?


Pictured below:
Thanks for Christmas care packages, we have decor and a family portrait to fill our book case.


Pictured below:
Our door decor is our second most favorite because it was inspired by Kurt and Joel.  They made and sent us the two largest snowflakes.  I looked on the internet and learned how to make the smaller ones.  That's why I didn't send Sunday emails to everyone last Sunday.  I was having too much fun creating snowflakes and making a huge paper mess.



But our most favorite of all the decor in the whole apartment is our bulletin board full of family pictures. (And thank you for adding to our collection at Christmastime.) As we sit at our computers, we look at all you beautiful people every day.  We are so blessed to have you! We love you.


3 comments:

  1. You've always been good at decorating on a dime. That "Freebie Pile" sounds a little fishy to me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some mad skills! Just look at those snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! How resourceful, and the boys are gunna love seeing their snowflakes when they get up this morning!! Looks great. Seems like you better bring that table runner home as a relic.

    ReplyDelete