Tuesday, April 30, 2013

We Have New Neighbors....Again!

We didn't know it would happen so soon, but two more sister missionaries moved into the apartment next to us this morning. I guess now we have to be good neighbors and turn down our music once in a while. But when you're old and deaf, you're old and deaf!
Sister Diamond from Ogden and Sister Cabato from the Philippines
These are the great sisters who are giving the missionary lessons to Jonats.  Speaking of Jonats, he is still interested in the Church, but he says he is really busy at work, so isn't as involved in having the discussions or attending Church.  The sisters have given him the Plan of Salvation lesson since our last "Jonats Post". They reported to us that he accepts the Plan as true.  He also continues to read the Book of Mormon. 

I am coveting some of the sisters' furnishings, but NOT the fancy drapes! Sister Diamond used the word "fancy"...I didn't!


Here's a better picture. The "fancy" look is more visable.



So anyway, we had the four upstairs sister missionaries, the two downstairs sister missionaries, and the four mission office elders for breakfast.  The mission office elders were using the mission pickup to move Sister Cabato's and Sister Diamond's stuff to their new digs.

Clockwise: Elder Wood, Elder VanBrunt, Sister Diamond, Sister Cabato, Elder Paige, Elder Balbin,
Sister Incognito, Sister Obra, Sister Naeem, and Sister Villareal.
We served our traditional waffle, mango, banana, whipping cream, and syrup concoction.  They seemed to like it, anyway everything disappeared pretty quickly.

Since the sisters moved in next door earlier than planned, having everyone to breakfast was a last-minute event. Elder and I really wanted to serve mangos with our waffles, so I walked to our neighborhood fruit stand to buy some.  No mangos. Elder got in the car and returned half an hour later also without mangos.  "Sister Eddington, are you SURE there are no mangos in the refrigerator?" "No, Elder, we have no mangos."  A few minutes later, Elder appeared from the kitchen holding a bag full of mangos!  Oops!  Anyway, it was a fun morning. (By the way, Laurel, Sister Incognito laughed when I mentioned you asked if she were under the Witness Protection Program.) (And, Stephanie, what's the difference between a "nightie" and a "nightgown"?

Sister Naeem wanted to show that she was very full.




By the way, when Sister Naeem complained of the heat the other day, I tried in vain to convince her that wearing long-sleeved blouses just made her hotter. Sister Naeem: "No, long sleeves protect from the hot sun." Me: "No, long sleeves hold in your body heat, making you hotter."  She obviously doesn't believe my theory, since she's still wearing long sleeves. But what makes me think my theory is correct?

After the sisters so thoughtfully washed the dishes, the shoes disappeared as quickly as they appeared..


...including the "fancy" ones:


All is quiet and back to normal .... for the moment, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I thought "Incognito" was a pet name for her. That's her REAL name? That would be a fun one to have. Dave could do a lot if he had a last name like that. Those sure are some interesting flip-flops.

    Oh, and a "nightie" usually has a lot less material (wink, wink) than a "nightgown". I'm not even sure if missionaries should use that word, let alone WEAR one - just sayin'. (Kidding, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! You're going to come home with leaf flip-flops, aren't you? If I didn't already hate flip-flops before, that would certainly do it.

    Looks like the par-tay is at your place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the mother of Sister Diamond, and I am so thrilled to see that my sweet daughter is in good hands! Yours! Thank You for feeding her and watching over her, as her mother is very far away right now. Love you guys for serving in the Phiippines, and what are the chances that you ended up living right next to Sister Diamond! Hey - if you happen to see this before Mother's Day, could you please pass something on to Sister Diamond? Please tell her we got her message, and that we will be anxiously waiting at our computer at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday night for her skype. Thank You so much!!!!
      Love, Catherine Diamond (Ogden, Utah)
      P.S. Where are you guys from?

      Delete
    2. P.S. I look forward to following your blog! Take Care, and now we will be praying for the Eddingtons as well as Sister Diamond. Love you!

      Delete