I give piano lessons in the Agustins' home to Hazel Joy Agustin and her friend Kim.
 |
| Kim, Sister Agustin, and Hazel Joy. |
 |
| Kim enjoying marienda after a very "stressful" lesson! Sister Agustin insists on serving marienda after each lesson. |
During a recent lesson, I kept hearing something squeaking. At first I thought it was the fan making the noise. But it didn't sound like the fan, so I asked Hazel Joy if by any chance they had puppies. Yes, they did! Hazel Joy took me into her bedroom. There were four darling, round-bellied, in-a-dog-pile puppies.
 |
| Four beautiful babies |
 |
| Mother and babies |
 |
| Elder Eddington's feet and babies |
So then the other morning as Elder and I were returning from our morning jog/walk, I noticed Granny in front of her apartment getting ready to pump water.
 |
| Cute Granny graciously posing for a picture |
Pettingills, the senior couple who have moved in upstairs and diagonal from us, (there are four units in our building) have this view on the other side of the apartment building. The view includes Granny's pigs, the landlord's tied-up dogs, and rats that invade the pigs' food bowl. Sister Pettingill has watched Granny pet and sing to her pigs. She said as long as Granny sings, the dogs bark up a storm. As soon as Granny stops singing, the dogs stop their noise. (I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about that bit of information.) But I did want a picture of Granny and pigs. Side note: I love the way the older people dress. Their clothes have a tropical flare that the clothes the younger generation chooses to wear don't have. Mostly jeans for the younger people.
 |
| Granny was laughing because her pig was trying to eat the buttons on her skirt. |
After the Granny/pig photo opp, I figured I might as well make the rounds. So I took pictures of the landlord's dogs that bark ALL THE TIME.
I didn't really want their pictures, but when I noticed puppies, I couldn't resist, even when the mother dog had a coniption fit when I approached the puppy nursery.
I think we'll stay on our side of town. Pettingills can have their side.
 |
| Pettingills' side of town |
 |
| Eddingtons' side of town |
They're cute! Are they big enough to eat a whole bone?
ReplyDeleteLove, Madeleine
Wow! A comment from Madeleine! No, none of the puppies is eating any food yet. I don't think they have teeth. Their eyes have just barely opened. They are still learning to walk. They wobble as they go. One puppy was trying to climb the stair by your grandpa's feet. It was funny to watch him. His back leg just wasn't long enough to get up the stair.
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma
Maddie, Do you want me to send you the puppies? I think the airplane will let puppies fly if they are in a cage. :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma
So, did the Pettingills steal your car, or does that second Toyota I see parked there belong to them? You haven't posted about having to use public transportation, so I assume you still have a car.
ReplyDeleteOh, and doesn't it concern the general public to see so many puppies being born? It seems there is a dog problem over there. :)
The general public, as you call it, is so excited to have puppies! All four of the Agustin puppies are already spoken for!
ReplyDeleteMAIL ME A PUPPY!!!
ReplyDelete