| A previous, already-posted baptism picture, since we forgot to take our camera to any of the February baptisms. |
| Same old picture of cute Michelle Formantes. (Hey, wait! THAT'S the missing flower arrangement we bought a replacement arrangement for!) |
Traveled with Elder almost every weekend ...took pictures along the way....
Of all the overloads:
Of all the pretty clouds:
Of all the meetinghouses attended where elder conducted member-records meetings to collect member information:
Of all the cute babies, despite the fact there are no car seats or seat belts:
Of interesting Christmas trees, even though it was February:
| In case you can't tell...this tree is made of individual-sized water bottles. |
| Elder and I didn't attend, since we were busy cleaning the senior couple's apartment. Sob! |
Watched our Granny neighbor pump water and wash clothes on a weekly basis:
Took pictures of great members in awesome vehicles:
Ate more than eighty-four meals:
| I guess the table cloth is new news. We bought it from the loom guy himself. . |
Crocheted and delivered to the hospital approximately six more baby blankets. (Four of the blankets were crocheted by Relief Society sisters.)
Assembled Book of Mormon flannel story kits to be given to members :
Fed miscellaneous elders on at least two different occasions:
| Another old, used picture |
| Not really the upstairs apartment, but it looks the same, except the floor plan is reversed. |
Waited for the moments when elder left his computer unattended so I could use two computers for family history:
| Elder makes cookies to take to his member-records meetings. The members LOVE his cookies. |
So there you have it. I told you it would be boring, reused, humdrum, and routine. NOW do you see why I haven't posted lately? Next time you beg for a new post, just remember what you'll get. That will make you think twice!
Actually, though, we are enjoying the routine. Elder's work on member records is so appreciated. He is the man for the job! He is holding training sessions for ward/branch clerks so they can learn to update the records.
I am picking up new piano students all the time. Three of my students are now playing in Church meetings. It is very rewarding to see the progress of all my students. Sister Barrientos, the Mission President's wife, wants me to start giving her piano lessons next week. Gulp! Can I really do that?
We continue to accompany the missionaries when giving lessons to investigators and less actives. It is an enjoyable part of our mission.
Watch for the next edition of "'Tag a Long' With Elder And Sister Eddington". Coming soon in July of 2013! (Shouldn't it be: Tag Along?) Someone help me change the title, please!
If this is your "ho-hum", then you must be pretty busy.
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of your "granny neighbor". It looks like it could be in a National Geographic!
Does that water bottle Christmas tree light up, too? That would be quite the sight if it did.
I always thought that the title of your blog was a play on words with Tagalog, the language. If you change it to "Tag Along" it might lose some of its meaning. Just make it "Tag-a-long" or even "Tag-a-log" instead, if it bothers you.
In any case, I sure loved seeing a new post. And, it wasn't boring! :)
Thanks for the new blog post. After you passed the one month mark I was starting to worry that your blog was going to be updated as frequently as ours. It's always good to hear the stories and see what you both are up to. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the new post. All I can think to say is that I want "guns" like that granny neighbor! Sheesh!
ReplyDeleteSee, Mom? That wasn't so hard. A new blog post makes everyone's day. And I agree with Stephanie... your "ho-hum" isn't so very ho-hum. A regular day in the Philippines can never truly be regular. Even the traffic is non-ho-hum!
ReplyDeleteThanks for updating us so we didn't think you were snowed in. ;)