Monday, June 11, 2012

We Think We'll Stay

Our first day at the MTC!  We are official....with our missionary badges and swipe cards.  The MTC exudes with the Spirit.  A few months ago when picking up our Tagalog materials here, we felt this special Spirit, and wished with all our hearts we were real missionaries and could stay. And now we're here. When we first arrived , two darling elders helped us take our bags to our room.  They wouldn't accept a tip!



 We have felt nothing but love and appreciation all day. The Church is true. We are blessed to be part of such a wonderful work. 

Interesting bits of info: "The number of senior couples has doubled since 2010."
                                      "Senior couples are gold to the mission field."


4 comments:

  1. YAY! Your first official blog post! (The first one doesn't count since I'm the one who wrote it.) I hope you keep updating this blog... we'll all be anxiously reading it.

    I'm so glad that you're loving the MTC. It sounds like you're having a wonderful experience. What a great blessing.

    (PS. Speaking of blessings... thanks for your back deck. We feel very blessed to be able to enjoy it and its great view. We ate grilled hamburgers back there tonight and couldn't get over how great it feels to be here. Sounds like we're all a very blessed family.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures coming soon, I hope. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could come visit. I want to see and feel it too. I hope you are taking pictures. Thanks for posting! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Party! I miss the MTC so much. I'm jealous of you. Have you met Maria Johnson? She was my boss when I worked there. Super nice lady.

    ReplyDelete