Two days before our departure for the the Philippines, the
family did sealings In the Bountiful Temple.
It was so heartwarming to sit in one of the sealing rooms with five of
our children and their spouses and perform sealing ordinances for our
ancestors. It doesn’t get much better
than that.
THE day has finally arrived.
All the months of planning, shopping, getting shots, studying Tagalog,
packing, and fixing up our home are finally over. It’s good to finally be moving on, yet sad to
be leaving our familiar and comfortable life behind. After hugging all the family, we were off,
only to return minutes later to pick up my forgotten laptop. Talk about anticlimactic. Scott was traveling
to the airport with us. Gazing at the
mountains he said, “You’re going to miss those.” My response was, “No, I’m going to miss
that,” pointing to the Bountiful Temple coming into view.
For months I have watched airplanes, imagining
Gary and I were in a plane headed for the mission field….trying to figure out
what my feelings would be at that moment. It was pretty much like I
imagined. I kept my eyes on the
mountains and the temple as long as I could until the taxiing plane
turned. Then I teared up….thinking of
our beautiful family we were leaving behind. But we will be fine. We are looking forward to our new
adventure.
Safe travels!!!!
ReplyDeleteI still don't think it has really sunk in yet that you are gone. I get too sad thinking about it. I guess I'm stil lin denial. Our first "family" gathering without you will have an obvious void.
ReplyDeleteIt is still kinda weird. I am trying to get used to calling the Cunningham's house the Cunningham's house, and not Grandma and Grandpa's house.
ReplyDeleteWell, what a blessing it is to have complete knowledge that you are where you are supposed to be at this time in your lives (great source of peace, even when life gets tough). Also, knowing that we are all still here and all together, regardless of the bodies of water or lands that separate. Your last Saturday in the USA testifies to that. We love you guys and look forward to hearing all the stories. We'll keep the prayers coming!
ReplyDeleteScott