Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day Two At The MTC

 Just as awesome, if not more so, than day one!  We had some great classes led by some super enthusiastic young elders and sisters.  They had us partner up as couples, one of us being the investigator and the other being the missionary. When it was time to report back on how successful or unsuccessful we were with our missionary lesson, we Eddingtons explained that our discussion was super successful.  I confessed that since I had a crush on Elder Eddington, I was willing to do anything he asked.  Our instructor said he noticed that Elder Eddington winked at me. Elder Eddington tattled and said that I, Sister Eddington, winked at him first!

Left - my crush
Right - Our instructor, Elder Lystrup

The weekly devotional tonight was so inspirational.  I could hardly sing the hymns for all the lumps in my throat and tears in my eyes. Everyone was borrowing tissues from the sister in the row in front of us.  To see, hear, and sing with the vast sea of 2,500 elders and sisters singing missionary hymns was so powerful.   It was like being among the Armies of Helaman.

Elder Per G. Malm of the Seventy spoke at the devotional.  Absolutely a moment in time.  My new resolve this time around on a mission is to take notes on everything....and blog almost everything.  Pictures will come someday when we can figure out how to do it.

Interesting bit of info:  "There is an urgent need for more proselything/leadership senior missionaries in just about every mission in the Church.  Currently, there are about half as many serving as are needed."  Quoted from an MTC handout

5 comments:

  1. "My new resolve this time around on a mission is to take notes on everything....and blog almost everything." Good plan! I LOVE IT! Yes, you must keep these blog posts coming. I am thoroughly enjoying seeing a new post from you each day. And it will make a great blog book when you return in 2 years.

    Remind me to show you how to post pictures when I see you next. We need pictures on here! I hear you have a great picture of the two of you in front of the MTC sign. Can't wait to *see* what you've been experiencing too.

    If Dad ever posts on here, be sure to have him tell us it's him when he posts. Right now I'm determining it's Sister Eddington because it "sounds like you."

    I'm so happy that you're having such spiritual and wonderful experiences at the MTC. How absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed Mom how to post pictures, too.

    You'll get it once you do it one time by yourself. In the meantime, we'll have to use our imaginations and trust that you really ARE at the MTC and not off somewhere having a vacation. We need some proof, here. It sounds like you're having such good experiences that you may never want to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom and Dad flirting at the MTC...wow, this is good stuff!! :) I had the same thought as Laurel and want to know the author of each post. This is fun experiencing the MTC with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From now on we'll sign our name to the post that we write. So far all posts have been written by Sister Eddington. Thank you for your interest in "Tag Along With Elder and Sister Eddington".

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear that things are going well! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete