| Getting ready for a fun day. |
| More getting ready: applying plenty of sunscreen |
Your dad wanted to go in the more adventurous boat. I didn't. So we split up. He went on the smaller eight-person boat, and I went on the larger, more stable boat.
| Your dad's scary boat. |
Little Rover was whining, begging to be taken along for the ride.
On the water, I thought, "What's the big deal? There's nothing so adventurous about THAT boat."
And then the wind picked up. Your dad said Sister Cannon was screaming like a little kid. It does look a bit like it may capsize any minute.
Meanwhile, back on the larger, more stable boat that I chose to be on.
| Sister Lovell, holding onto her hat. |
| Sister Quintana, reenacting a scene from "Titanic", only traveling backwards. |
Proof that I really was on a sail boat:
| What a beautiful sight |
Coming back to shore, we passed this mother bird and nest of babies. She didn't like us coming so close to her family, so she flapped her wings to scare us away. What a courageous, brave, mother.
She relaxed, after having succeeded in getting rid of us.
Coming back to the dock,
We were again met by little whining Rover, who was still angling for a ride.
Next, lunch of live crabs boiled to perfection. Yum!
NOT! NO HOW, NO WHERE, NOT EVEN! Especially when this is what the eating scene looked like:
| Not too bad, yet! |
| But it got worse.... |
| .,,,,and worse... |
| ....and worse! |
| Until it ended up looking and smelling totally gross and disgusting! |
Another great day in the life of "hard-working, serious-minded, dedicated temple missionaries". (Which, by the way, we are except on Mondays.)
What? No floating Scooby-Doo flip-flops going past the boat?
ReplyDeleteNo, just someone's false teeth and a jar of Ben-gay.
DeleteThat's so neat that you guys were able to get out on the water...wait...aren't missionaries supposed to avoid water?? I guess senior missionaries get a different version of rules from D&C :).
ReplyDeleteGlad you could get out on a sailboat again and have that experience on the east coast. Great lifetime memories made for sure!
That's so neat that you guys were able to get out on the water...wait...aren't missionaries supposed to avoid water?? I guess senior missionaries get a different version of rules from D&C :).
ReplyDeleteGlad you could get out on a sailboat again and have that experience on the east coast. Great lifetime memories made for sure!
I'm sure Dad was in his element, giving orders, too. I hope no one got sea sick. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure Dad was in his element, giving orders, too. I hope no one got sea sick. :)
ReplyDelete