So I guess the best thing to do is report on a previous wimpy typhoon that passed by to the north of us about a month ago. It was a signal two storm, which isn't very impressive. But that's the best we can come up with. Elder and I even ventured out into the storm. I thought I had piano lessons in Bacarra. So we braved the storm. Before I could even get the gate outside our apartment unlocked, my skirt was dripping wet. My umbrella gave minimal protection, especially after the wind turned it inside out.
Out on the road, the streets were deserted. It was sad to see the rice plants all flattened in the fields. (I know the next picture has nothing to do with a baguio, but I have to somehow get my scenic pictures onto our blog.)
-
| I took this picture from a meetinghouse classroom window. It's normal, right? Rice field smack-dab next to a meetinghouse. |
During the baguio, the young missionaries were grounded. President Barrientos had previously heard about two missionaries in Manila who were electricuted while wading through flood waters of a baguio. Since then he has been very cautious with his missionaries. So the eight sister missionaries in our apartment complex had some extra time on their hands to socialize with the Eddingtons. It cracked me up when Sister Bacalla showed up on our doorstep wearing her pink fuzzy pajamas. But it was ok, since she had on her missionary badge, right? :)
| Cute next-door-neighbor missionaries: Sister Hansen and Sister Bacalla |
Elder Eddington took these videos. Enjoy! (Can someone tell me why the video is out of control?)
Pray for a real baguio in the next six weeks.
Only Americans would WANT a typhoon. But, it would make a great story, wouldn't it? I guess it will make your Centerville east winds seem whimpy.
ReplyDeleteUm...so we are all over here praying that "Grandpa and Grandpa will be safe on the mission" and you are wishing for a typhoon straight overhead. Something seems wrong with this picture. But at least we know that Ry Guys prayers are more powerful than yours. :) And no, that wasn't a typo...he refers to you as "Grandpa and Grandpa".
ReplyDelete