Friday, February 1, 2013

You Can Sleep Tonight!

Ok, ok, enough is enough! Your dad has been bugging me for days to clarify the "We-gave-our-home to-the-Church" episode. He wants me to pull the family off their tall pedestal. 




Yes, it was a sacrifice on the family's part to give up their home, but the family is receiving a few perks from the whole ordeal. 

Perk number one: Church is paying rent for the use of their home.



Perk number two: Along with the remodeling of the home came some fix up.  There was a bit of repair work needed that the Church did as part of the remodeling....at the Church's expense.

From this:

To this:



Just kidding!

Perk number three: The Church is looking for property to build a real meetinghouse on, so the family will have their better-than-new home back in about three years.







So, you can all put your guilt to rest that you haven't donated your homes to the Church.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like someone discovered Google Images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very funny! I just haven't had to use my LONG-known skill until now. But I had to add a lot of pictures to keep your attention. Otherwise you might have donated our home to the Church while we are gone!

      Delete
  2. Still, I think to do let the church use your home when it appears that nice homes are hard to come by, is a sacrifice. But, maybe the rent is too good to pass up, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Steph. I was touched when I was told the family had given up their home...and now live in a smaller and more inferior establishment.

      Love, Mom

      Delete