And of course newly-adopted Isabela Kae inherited a hand-crocheted blanket for her blessing. I didn't have time to crochet the whole thing, so a crocheted edge on a store-bought blanket had to do.
Notice the great Filipino invention: a hoodie attached to the blanket! Not only does it keep the baby's head warm, but the blanket will not fall off!
I had SO much fun buying the blessing outfit for Isabela.
After buying the pink headband and putting it next to the dress, I realized it didn't blend well, so I bought another white one, but couldn't take the pink one back because, from my viewpoint, it was so cute. Somehow I got the message that babies don't wear headbands here in the Philippines. Every time I showed someone the headbands I had purchased, their first question was always, "What is this?" But the icing on the cake was when Isabela's mom brought her to Church sans headband.
Hmm, I wonder who adjusted the blanket so it would show so beautifully in the picture?
Filipino babies are so tiny. Isabela's feet are half the size of the shoes, creating a clown-shoe effect. Sorry, I bought the smallest size shoes they had! Isabela's mom didn't even attempt to put on the socks. She said they were huge.
I had a strong hunch the baby blessing would be in Tagalog, so I wasn't prepared to take notes. But when Bishop Catubay started out in English, I hurriedly grabbed some paper and a pencil. But alas and alack, all the English I got was: "I bless you....Tagalog, Tagalog, Tagalog. I bless you....Tagalog, Tagalog, Tagalog. I bless you....Tagolog, Tagalog, Tagalog." How very frustrating!
| Isabela's proud grandmother and mother after sacrament meeting. |
Again, your talents are being put to work. What a sweet baby!
ReplyDeleteSorry to say... but I can't help you out with another baby cause.
ReplyDeleteStephanie is right... you're certainly putting your talents to work again in the Philippines. Making babies look beautiful and sweet is your thing!
Grandma wants to know if you've been buried in snow (like us) and can't write.
ReplyDeleteLet us know if you're alive, will ya?
MOM! Hello?! Update this blog! I know you're in there.
ReplyDeleteWhere oh where have my parents gone? [Insert Stephanie's wander song here.] "When the sun has gone away..."
ReplyDeleteA guilt trip a day until you post something.
ReplyDeleteYou're killin' me, Mom.
ReplyDeleteLaurel Dear, I'm glad you are interested in new posts, but unlike you, I have nothing new to say. Sorry! (I already told you in an email what we've been up to, but it's not post-worthy. Just attending 12 baptisms in one day. Ho hum.)
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
Well - at least you're still alive over there. Do you need TWO guilt trips a day? Hmm?
ReplyDeleteYour daily guilt trip.
ReplyDelete