Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year's Eve To Beat Any New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve was pretty wild around here.  The noise started well before midnight, but built to a a midnight crescendo of noise that was unreal!  The missionaries were to be in their apartments by 6pm, and for good reason.  What they call firecrackers here, are like bombs in the states.  It is said that the hospital emergency rooms are busier this night than any other.  People lose fingers, hands, arms, etc. from the firecracker bombs they set off.

Sorry for the bad videography, but not only was it hard to see in the dark, but I was in my nightgown, trying to stay hidden from the masses of people in the street.  (I didn't really break mission rules, since I was behind our wall and still in our yard.)



By 12:30 all was quiet.  Even the dogs had quit barking, probably from exhaustion.

We expected the noise to start up again on the night of January 1st.  But all was quiet except for one lone firecracker-setter-offer guy who seemed to be walking around the block lighting firecracker bombs as he went. Then all was quiet again.

4 comments:

  1. Puts our pots and pans to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. My cheeks are sore just hearing that horn blower. I'm assuming it was one person, but it could have been many. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! 10 days... no blog post. Where are you guys?

    ReplyDelete