Sunday, October 7, 2012

Saturday's Trip To Ballesteros

We are getting too addicted to traveling this beautiful country.  Yesterday we traveled four hours to the Ballesteros District to hold a member-records' meeting with the branch president.  We picked up the Claveria zone leaders on the way to be part of this meeting.  The northern part of the Luzon  Island has a reputation for being so gorgeous.  Here are some pictures that will prove it.

View of the China Sea (Yikes! Is the "coast clear?")



Higher-elevation foliage


Beautiful rice fields

Believe it or not, this was our destination:

Free lunch!


Raking the rice to help it dry faster
 
Beautiful Ballesteros meetinghouse....even with a rice-covered road in front
  
 
 
 
The ocean is right behind the meetinghouse. We enjoyed a delightful ocean breeze.



Every meetinghouse is landscaped so beautifully

Interesting load of palm fronds sighted on the way back

Before we arrived back at the elders' apartment, we visited a wonderful family's home.  One of their daughters is paralyzed from the waist down, and requested a blessing.  It was also her birthday. They were so hospitable and generous.

A happy sister after her blessing
  
A sister and niece
Mother, another sister, and niece
 
We couldn't get over the beauty of their authentic-looking home and surroundings.


Elder Parker, the Claveria zone leader and your dad
I kept calling their property the Garden of Eden.  It is full of all kinds of tropical fruit trees, including banana and coconut.




Your dad is attempting to pick avocados, which they gave us

 
As we were leaving, I noticed some egg shells on posts.  The posts were stakes holding up the mother's orchid garden.  I asked what the egg shells were for.....nutrition for the orchids? What?  Well, the answer was, "They are for decoration." I would think the orchids are decoration enough!
  
The mother gave me the beautiful flowers she is holding. They wove them from cellophane-covered paper
What an absolutely gorgeous day.  A day full of beautiful scenery as well as beautiful people. We love it here! It's a wonderful experience.

Love, Elder and Sister Eddington

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Mom! I'm so glad you're having a wonderful experience serving and observing the beauty of the place you're in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world truly is a beautiful place. Oh, and I never really got where the phrase "coast is clear" came from. I guess it literally refers to the COAST being CLEAR. Hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful people and land!

    ReplyDelete