Thursday, August 9, 2012

Every Street Has A Story

Almost every morning we walk a few blocks to the Marcos University Stadium to exercise on their running track.  The other morning as we passed by one of our neighbor's houses, we noticed the most gorgeous colors of, I'm assuming, hibiscus flowers. So after our exercise, I walked back with my camera to capture their beauty (which, by the way, the camera didn't capture.)


There is a delicate, light salmon border on this flower.

This one is more true-to-color. 
Anyway, while I had camera in hand, I took the opportunity to capture the flavor of our street: Natalio del Castillo. I love that name.

Dogs rule the streets.....

.........as do the goats. We make frequent stops, waiting for a spacey goat to wander out of the street.

Young boys are always fishing over the fence into the field across from our apartment. We assumed they were fishing for fish.  Wrong!
The spoils of a "fishing" expedition: a fat, juicy frog!
We should have known what the boys are fishing for. On evenings when it has just rained, the field comes alive with the sounds of the noisiest frogs imaginable!

My next field trip is to follow the sounds of the pigs we hear squealing each morning.  Every evening we leave scraps on our porch for the pig lady to collect. I'm curious to see the results of our charitable donations.

Mahal,  Elder and Sister Eddington

9 comments:

  1. Well, the top two pictures are beautiful. And it quickly goes downhill from there. Just keep focused on the hybiscus flowers as you walk down the street!

    Words fail me. But wow, you're a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean, "trooper"? "It's-a nice-a place!"

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two words back at you: Very. Funny!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. At lesat it is NOT a rattlesnake or any other type of snake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. My first thought was, "At least they don't have snakes here. We haven't seen any." But I'd better not say that. I said that about snails: "They don't have snails here." WRONG! I took a picture of a snail the other day. It was about the size of a fist! Gross!

      Love, Mom

      Delete
  5. This street has more than a story, it has a novel. Again, what an adventure. You'll think Utah is all crispy and dried up compared to the lush green over there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the salmon-colored hibiscus--so beautiful! Oh, and I love the frog, too. Looks like a very beautiful place! Post a picture of the university, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only does this street have a "story" - It's a novel.

    ReplyDelete