I've been working on creating this post for not a small while!
WELCOME TO LAOAG
 |
| Can you see the "Laoag" sign on the hill? |
Laoag City is just one miniature city among many Filipino cities of miniatures:
 |
| It is a city of compact homes..... |
 |
| diminuative stores..... |
 |
| miniature "taxis" (called tricycles) |
 |
| tiny roads...... |
 |
| even tinier horses...... |
 |
| teensy dogs (Rufus here leaves not-so-teensy "gifts" on our porch)..... |
 |
| dwarfed, one-eyed cats...... |
 |
| doll-sized, short, and low-to-the-ground beds not fit for a 6'3" elder.... |
 |
| and cute, petite people. |
But watch out for.......
 |
| the humongous snails..... |
 |
| and gigantic city buses. |
 |
| Back end of another enormous bus. |
 |
| "And that's all I have to say about that!" |
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteLaurel, I am SO SORRY! I didn't mean to delete your comment. Please rewrite it. Again, SO SORRY!
DeleteLove, Mom
It's not funny the second time around. You know, comedic timing and all.
DeleteThat picture of giant Dad next to miniature people is good stuff! Thanks for pictures of the city. Not exactly a tourist destination, is it?
ReplyDeleteYou're no fun! The Philippines is probably one of the cheapest vacation spots around. When your Uncle Darrell and Aunt Jolene came here to pick up Ryan after his mission, they said they stayed in nice hotels for around $8.00 a night. Can't beat that! But you can stay in our apartment for free! (We'll even find the ocean for you. It's around here somewhere.)
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
I love the cat! HA HA HA...it's still funny...even weeks later! You should send the little animals to me, I will fix em up real good.
ReplyDeleteUm, that snail - can you eat it?
ReplyDeleteSure! Do you want me to send it to you? The shipping would be astronomical! The thing weighs at least 10 pounds, don't you think?
ReplyDelete