| Very unusual flowers growing near Marcos Stadium |
Then off to attend the 8am baptism of Garlene Lazaro Melchor. We have been involved with the sister missionaries in her teaching for quite a few weeks. What a sweet young thing.
| Sister Reyes, Sister Garlene, and Sister Serrano - in front of the Laoag Stake Center |
| Before the baptism |
| Some of the baptism attendees |
Next, up the stairs to the chapel to give Sister Michelle her weekly piano lesson. She is a dedicated soul, practicing every day.
| Sister Michelle posing by a HUGE marigold plant |
Sister Sariah's lesson came next. I had told Michelle she (Michelle) was my star student, so she wanted to stick around to hear how Sariah was progressing. If Sariah was ahead of Michelle, then Michelle was going to practice harder. Michelle laughed at her folly, and immediately repented. What a cutie!
After finishing Sariah's lesson, we raced off to Bacarra, being late for another baptism. Half way there, we realized we had left the camera back at the stake center, but didn't have time to return to retrieve it. Sorry.
We arrived late for the baptism of Mikko Castillo, a great 12-year-old young man. Previously we were able to accompany the elders for two of his lessons. He was baptized the same time two other eight-year-old girls were baptized. One of the baptized girl's name was Princess Ramones.
Then back to the Laoag Stake Center for another piano lesson---which was canceled, but we didn't check our cell phone messages to know that. But it turned out well. While waiting for the non-existent lesson, the elders introduced me to an investigator who would like piano lessons. So it was a profitable wait.
We returned to our apartment in the middle of a torrential rainstorm to face our uneaten breakfast still sitting on the table.
At 7pm, we worked on member records for a while. It was a great day.
| Elder Eddington working on member records |
Hugs and "Misses", Elder and Sister Eddington
YAY! You solved your picture upload problem! Yes, it looks like it was a good day in the Philippines. You're having baptisms left and right down there. How wonderful.
ReplyDeleteAnd forgive me, I couldn't concentrate on the giant marigold plant because I was too fixated on the "house" behind it that was using a fertilizer bag as a door. Wow, I can't believe the living conditions in the Philippines. From what I saw in Korea (and now on your blog), I know I have a lot to be grateful for.
At least they have access to a ferilizer bag. Some homes don't even have that.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
But, the gal has braces - those aren't cheap. Whet a busy day you had. Are most like that?
ReplyDeleteHow do you & Laurel see such details? You must have huge computer monitors!
DeleteBy the way, the home behind Michelle isn't hers. She lives in a nicer place.
Our days are busy, but usually not with pressing deadlines like yesterday. We reported working 47 hours this week.
Love, Mom
The gospel is so amazing. What ready people there are in the Philippines. You guys are busy..and are blessing so many there.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny what we pick up on. I got a kick out of Dad's flip flops. :) I loved hearing about your day-in-the-life. It gets me excited to serve a mission with Dave.
ReplyDeleteGood goal! We'll tend the kids while you're gone.
DeleteLove, Mom
Nat, I picked up on Dad's shoes, too. They're just like what all the men Korea wore! Dad is certainly acclimating to the Philippines! And PS: Neither Korea nor the Philippines is any kind of place for a foot hater. (Poor me.)
ReplyDelete