Friday, July 6, 2012

We're Alive And Well!

It's interesting to see all the flurry that went on when we disappeared from life.  Thank you for your concerns and your FUNNY comments! You all crack us up. We haven't had internet access since Manila, so there is a lot to catch up on.

Our Elder Esteban before our "for reals" flight to Laoag



Goodbye Manila.......and my hairdo as I knew it!


First glimpse of Laoag
Our trusty steed
                                                                           

Laoag International Airport

Elder Esteban's sister, Elder Esteban, President Odgers, and unknown duo

   The beauty of the country is overwhelming.  Even the weeds look like the house plants I was tryingto baby along in Centerville.  However, the trip from the airport to the mission home was not so
pretty! Jeepneys, cars, tricycles, buses, pedestrians, kalesas (horse-drawn carts), and not a traffic light or stop sign anywhere.  Pretty scary.
Magandang mission home

Mission home with President and Sister Odgers and Elder & Sister Demars


Sunset view from our front porch
Sorry, I'm having troubles navigating on the blog. I need help! So just take the pictures as they come. Anyway, here are some pictures of our apartment. The first night I cried, comparing our new apartment with home. After seeing how some of the poorer people here in Laoag live, I cry because our apartment is so nice.
Front gate to our walled apartment complex



 



7 comments:

  1. HALLEJUAH! You're alive! Seriously considering calling the news and reporting you as sucked into a typhoon. I was worried. For reals.

    I love the picture of the two of you smiling in the airport. It looks like you're handling this adventure well.

    Now I can go to bed and rest well... my parents aren't past tense. Thanks for the update! I've been checking often ("stalking" is such an ugly word). We miss you around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and PS: those houseplants you've been babying along in Centerville? How attached were you to those? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't get to me! I know you've thrown away a lot of things. I dreamt last night that there were TONS of broken dishes, etc. in the trash....generated by you. So, keep on throwing!

      Delete
  3. So glad you arrived safely. Does look beautiful, and you seem to have made plenty of friends already! Let us know how the missionary work goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you made it safely. Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your "new do".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you made safely. Looking forward to hearing about your assignment and the work you'll be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you guys getting and/or checking e-mail? I sent you an e-mail 10 days ago with some housekeeping questions. Did you get it? Should I re-send it?

    ReplyDelete